Myanmar's Hidden Gem: Summit Parkview Hotel Awaits!

Summit Parkview Hotel Myanmar

Summit Parkview Hotel Myanmar

Myanmar's Hidden Gem: Summit Parkview Hotel Awaits!

Myanmar's Hidden Gem: Summit Parkview Hotel Awaits! - My Honest Take (and why you should go!)

Okay, people, let's talk about the Summit Parkview Hotel in Yangon, Myanmar. You're probably thinking, "Myanmar? That's… far." And you're right! It is. But TRUST ME, getting there is half the adventure, and the payoff at the Summit Parkview is worth every single mile.

First off, let me be blunt: I'm not exactly a seasoned travel blogger. I'm more of a "grab a camera and hope for the best" kind of traveler. So this review? It's real. It's human. It's got all the messy bits, the sudden bursts of enthusiasm, and the occasional "oh God, remember that?" moments.

Accessibility (and the bumpy ride that comes with it):

Okay, this is important. The hotel scores pretty well here. Wheelchair accessible common areas are a big plus, and the elevator is a lifesaver after a long day of temple-hopping. I always check the facilities for disabled guests beforehand. I’m not in that boat (thankfully!), BUT I’ve seen how difficult travel can be for folks who need extra accommodations. The Summit Parkview seems to be genuinely trying to make things easier. Now, getting to the hotel…the roads in Yangon? Let’s just say they have a certain…character. Be prepared for some bouncing! Airport transfer is a must, and the hotel can arrange it. Just breathe and enjoy the view…or the bumps, whatever gets you through.

Cleanliness and Safety - Because Let's Face It, We're All a Little Germaphobe Now:

I’m a nervous flyer. Now, I’m a nervous everything flyer post-pandemic. So, I paid close attention to this. The Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, individually-wrapped food options, staff trained in safety protocol, room sanitization – all the boxes are ticked. The hand sanitizer stations are everywhere. Did I feel completely at ease? Honestly, yes. You can even have room sanitization opt-out available. It’s impressive. They even have doctor/nurse on call, which is comforting.

Rooms and Comfort - My Own Little Fortress of Bliss:

My room? Ah, my room… Let's just say I spent a lot of time in there. I’m a firm believer in a good room - a sanctuary. My room was… lovely. The air conditioning was a godsend. The blackout curtains were perfect for jetlag. I loved the complimentary tea and coffee maker (essential!). And the free Wi-Fi? Solid. Now, the Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless options are plentiful. So I’m a work from home person. I always check the Laptop workspace. I appreciated the non-smoking rooms (thank you!). I definitely used the desk. Having the safe box was also great. The satellite/cable channels and the on-demand movies were a nice touch for a chill at the end of the day. They have all the towels you'd need, the bathrobes, and the slippers. The safety/security feature was important.

(Sidebar - My Mini-Meltdown and the Wonderful Staff):

Okay, honest time. On my first night, I somehow managed to lock myself out of my room. At 2 am. Jetlag, people. It’s a beast. I was… panicked. But the hotel staff, bless their hearts, were amazing. Within minutes, a kind, smiling face appeared, and I was back in my little haven. This is where I noticed – and appreciated – the 24-hour front desk and the security [24-hour]. Seriously, it was a small thing, but it completely changed my experience. The staff are genuinely lovely.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking - Food Glorious Food! (and a confession…)

The restaurants are… well, they're great. I'm not gonna lie. The Asian cuisine is sensational! I did enjoy the Western cuisine. The breakfast [buffet] is the stuff of legends, an extravaganza of fruit, pastries, and noodles. The Asian breakfast had me hooked I had the coffee/tea in restaurant every single morning. The room service [24-hour] is perfect. I may or may not have ordered a club sandwich at 3 am. Don’t judge. I think I also grabbed a bottle of water or two. I was tired. The poolside bar is PERFECT. They had the happy hour. They serve some great salads in the restaurants. Then there were the desserts… Look, I gained a few pounds. It was worth it. There's a coffee shop if you want to grab a snack on the go.

(Confession Time…again):

I ate at the snack bar a lot. Maybe too much. I'm not proud, but I am happy.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax - The Pampering Side of Life:

Listen, I love exploring, but sometimes you just need to chill. And the Summit Parkview has you covered. The swimming pool [outdoor] is stunning, crystal-clear water, and the pool with view is even better! I spent hours there. They have a fitness center. I intended to use it. I didn't. The Spa is where the magic happens. I got a massage. Pure bliss. I'm not normally a spa person, but this was heavenly. If this is for you, you need the sauna, spa/sauna, and steamroom. You can even get a body scrub or body wrap. The foot bath was also super relaxing.

Services and Conveniences - Because Life Should Be Easy:

Okay, this is where the Summit Parkview really shines. The concierge is your best friend. They can help with everything! Daily housekeeping is spot-on. The laundry service is a lifesaver. There’s a convenience store. And for those work-related needs, there are business facilities. Plus, the currency exchange, luggage storage, and car park – all those little things that make travel so much easier. The facilities for disabled guests are very helpful. The elevator is good too.

Getting Around - No Sweat:

The airport transfer is invaluable. They also offer taxi service and valet parking if driving is more your thing. The car park [free of charge] is a welcome perk.

For the Kids - Family Fun (If You’re Travelling with Little Ones):

I wasn’t traveling with kids, but I saw families there who seemed to be enjoying themselves. There's a babysitting service, which is a huge win for any parents. They have kids facilities, and kids meal.

The Verdict - Go. Just Go!

Look, I could go on and on about the intricacies of the Internet [LAN], Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas, and all the other technical details. But the bottom line is this: the Summit Parkview Hotel is more than just a place to stay. It’s an experience. It’s a warm, welcoming haven in a fascinating country. It’s a place to explore, relax, and recharge.

So, what are you waiting for?

Booking Offer – Because You Deserve It!

Book your stay at the Summit Parkview Hotel before [Date - maybe a week from now] and receive:

  • 15% Discount on your entire stay.
  • Free Breakfast for Two (because, trust me, you want the buffet).
  • A Complimentary Spa Treatment (because you deserve a little pampering after that long flight).
  • Guaranteed Room Upgrade Subject to availability.

Use Promo Code: JOURNEYTOYANGON when booking on our website. It's time to discover Myanmar's Hidden Gem! Don't wait! Book now and make your Myanmar adventure unforgettable!

Luxury Oceanfront Getaway: Quality Inn Boardwalk Awaits!

Book Now

Summit Parkview Hotel Myanmar

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into my beautifully messy, emotionally charged, and probably slightly chaotic trip to the Summit Parkview Hotel in Yangon, Myanmar. Honestly, just the name "Summit Parkview" sounds like they're setting the bar REALLY high, right? We'll see about that…

Day 1: Arrival, Anticipation, and the Agony of Luggage.

  • 10:00 AM (ish) - Arrival at Yangon International Airport: Landed. Thank god. Travel is glamorous, they said. Lies! More like a sweaty, slightly panicky sprint through a maze of… well, everything. Customs? Smooth-ish. My backpack, however, decided to stage a dramatic escape from the baggage carousel. It did NOT want to be reunited with me. Seriously, I swear, I heard it snarl as I wrestled it off the conveyor belt. "Here we go," I muttered under my breath.

  • 11:00 AM - Taxi to Summit Parkview: Okay, taxi negotiation was… interesting. Let's just say I used my best "desperate tourist trying not to get ripped off" face (which, let's be honest, is pretty good). The drive was a sensory overload. Yellow taxis, bustling streets, monks in saffron robes, and this weird, almost musical, honking symphony. The closer we got to the hotel, the greener it seemed, trees flanking the roads and I was thinking, "Oh, maybe this Summit Parkview thing isn't just hyperbole."

  • 12:00 PM - Check-in & First Impressions - AKA: "Is the Air-Con Working?": The lobby. Ah. The lobby. Supposedly, this is where first impressions are made. And I have to say, it did impress. Marble floors, smiling faces – at least, the "we're-being-paid-to-smile" kind – and a massive chandelier that seemed to be silently judging my travel-weary state. This is where the "maybe this won't be so bad" starts to creep in. Room? Finally, a room! And thankfully, yes, the air-con was working. That was a make or break moment, honestly. And the view? Gorgeous!

  • 1:00 PM - Lunch at the Hotel Restaurant: Okay, food. My perpetual love. The menu was a glorious (and slightly intimidating) mix of Burmese and Western options. I opted for a safe bet: Chicken curry, which, I was told, was a staple. It was… good. Like, really good! And the service was attentive, but not overly so. No complaints (yet!).

  • 2:00 PM - Exploring the Grounds: The hotel grounds are a haven! Seriously, manicured lawns, a pool that looked inviting, and, most importantly, peace and quiet. After the dust of the airport, this was bliss. I spent an hour wandering around, feeling like I could maybe relax.

  • 3:00 PM - The Pool Predicament: Decided to take a dip. I figured I'd start my vacation off right. Sunscreen applied, towel procured, and then… the water. It was… lukewarm. Okay, not the arctic plunge I'd hoped for but it would do. But there was a toddler in the pool. A VERY energetic toddler. And he had the pool all to himself. He was splashing, screaming, and generally dominating the aquatic space. Did I get in the pool? I stared at the toddler, made eye contact a couple of times, and decided my room/the peace and quiet was better.

  • 5:00 PM - Sunset Views and Room Service, Because Why Not?: The evening air was balmy, and I watched the sunset from my balcony. Glorious. Beautiful. I ordered room service (a burger, because sometimes you need a good, greasy burger after a long day) and just… breathed. This is what a vacation is all about. This is what I'd been dreaming of.

  • 7:00 PM - Early night, because jet lag is a beast. Zzzzzzzz.

Day 2: Shwedagon Pagoda, Street Food Adventures, and the Art of Bargaining.

  • 9:00 AM - Breakfast Buffet - A Culinary Battlefield: This is where things get fun. The buffet was a chaotic wonderland of deliciousness. Noodles, fruit, pastries, eggs cooked a million ways. It was a free-for-all! I, unfortunately, wasn't in my best form, or form for strategizing or grabbing breakfast. I grabbed what was nearest and ate it and went back to my room to plan.

  • 10:00 AM - Taxi to Shwedagon Pagoda: The Pagoda! This is what I was looking forward to. Took another taxi, negotiated harder this time (I'm learning!) Arrived at the Pagoda, and…whoa. The sheer scale of it, the gleam of gold, the chanting of prayers. My jaw dropped. It was like stepping into another world. I spent hours just wandering around, mesmerized. I even tried to act like I knew what I was doing when it came to the proper way to walk around it. Probably failed, but who cares?

  • **1:00 PM - The Street Food Safari! ** Okay, food again. This is probably the most important part. I'd read about the street food in Yangon, and I was determined to brave it. So, after the Pagoda, off I went! I found a vendor selling these incredible, crispy fried things (I still don't know what they were, but they were AMAZING). I ate them, no regrets, in a dusty alley. The Street Food Ramble The street food. Oh, street food. It’s a sensory overload, truly. The smells! The sizzling woks, the spices, the sweet, the savory. The vendors yelling in a language I don’t understand, but somehow, I DO understand. The smiles. The shared bowls. I started cautiously, with those fried things, and then I went deeper. I ate noodles from a stall, with a woman so old and kind, I could tell she made them with her heart. I even tried a green papaya salad thing. (I think) My stomach was a champ, but my brain? It was still in total vacation mode. The point of all of this, is that it was the best food I have ever had.

  • 3:00 PM - Bargaining 101 (and Failing Spectacularly): I stumbled upon a market filled with souvenirs. I decided I needed to attempt to become a skilled bargainer. I thought, "I've got this!" I did not. I haggled for a scarf, and it took me way more than I thought it should. I ended up paying probably double what I should have. I went back to the hotel with my shame, and my scarf, and I was happy.

  • 5:00 PM - Relaxation and Dinner at the Hotel: Back to the haven of Summit Parkview. The pool was clear! I actually swam in it this time, properly! Dinner was the same.

  • 7:00 PM - Bed, but I would recommend watching a movie beforehand.

Day 3: The National Museum, and a Bittersweet Farewell.

  • 9:00 AM - Again, Breakfast Buffet: The buffet was the same, but I had my strategy down. More dumplings, less of the "mystery" food.

  • 10:00 AM - National Museum of Myanmar - History Overload: The museum. I went. It was interesting, but pretty dense. I'm not sure how much I retained, to be honest. The exhibits were fascinating, though. Royal regalia, ancient artifacts, and a whole lot of historical context I was probably missing, I am sure.

  • 1:00 PM - Lunch Out: Again, street food. This time, I was a lot braver! (Or perhaps just more hungry.)

  • 2:00 PM - Poolside Bliss (sans toddler!) This was the day. The day I properly enjoyed the pool. The water was the right temperature. The sun was shining. Everything was right.

  • 5:00 PM - The Bitter Sweet farewell: It was time to leave. Check out. A little bit of sadness, knowing I was leaving this place. But also, a little bit of excitement to what was next.

  • 6:00 PM - Journey to the airport.

  • 7:00 PM - Last look at the hotel.

So that's it. My glorious, messy, and ultimately wonderful trip to the Summit Parkview Hotel. It wasn't perfect. Far from it. But it was mine. And that's what matters, right? So, until next time, Myanmar! You've got a hold on my heart. Now, to plan the next adventure…

Dunster Mill House: UK's Most Stunning Hidden Gem? You HAVE to See This!

Book Now

Summit Parkview Hotel Myanmar

Summit Parkview Hotel: You've GOT to See This Place... Maybe? (A Messy FAQ)

Okay, spill it. Is the Summit Parkview Hotel *actually* a hidden gem, or just another hotel with a nice brochure?

Alright, alright, enough with the suspense. Look, calling it a "hidden gem" is... well, it depends. It's definitely not the Ritz. But *gem-ish*? Yeah, maybe. Think more like a polished, quirky pebble you found on the beach, rather than a diamond. It's got charm. It's got character. And it has a view that legitimately made me gasp the first time I saw it. More on that later. Honestly, the "hidden" part might be true, because finding it *in* Yangon isn't exactly a breeze on Google Maps. (Seriously, I got lost three times... and I *work* in travel!).

What are the rooms *actually* like? Shiny and perfect, or... something else?

Okay, transparency time: they're not magazine-cover perfect. Think clean, spacious, and with a certain… *vintage* vibe. Like, maybe the furniture has seen a few decades. (Which, honestly, I kind of loved! It feels more authentic than those sterile, cookie-cutter hotel rooms). My room had a balcony overlooking the city. BEST. DECISION. EVER. Especially at sunset. Just…wow. The bathroom? Functional. The water pressure? Hit or miss. Sometimes a trickle, sometimes a firehose of hot water. Embrace the imperfection, people!

The View! Everyone raves about the view. Is it *really* worth the hype?

Okay, hold on to your hats. The view… is… *ridiculous*. I'm talking, picture-postcard, "this is why you travel" kind of ridiculous. I spent a solid hour on my balcony just staring. The Shwedagon Pagoda glittering in the distance, the city sprawling below… it's breathtaking. Seriously. Breathtaking. I even shed a little tear. (Don't judge me, it was a long flight.) So, yes. The view is absolutely, unequivocally, 100% worth the hype. In fact, it might be the *only* reason to stay there, if I’m being brutally honest. (Don't tell the hotel I said that.)

Food. How's the food? Is it *actually* edible?

The food… Well, it's… there. The breakfast buffet is standard hotel fare. Eggs, toast, some… interesting… fruit, and a sort of lukewarm attempt at coffee. I bravely tried the Myanmar dishes one day. Let's just say, my tastebuds are still recovering. The restaurant itself? Service can be… *leisurely*. Expect long waits. But, hey, the view from the dining room is pretty good, too. Bring a book. And maybe some snacks.

Service and Staff: Are they friendly? Helpful? Or do they just stare blankly?

Mostly friendly! The staff are genuinely lovely, but sometimes there's a minor language barrier. I asked for an extra towel once. It took about four requests and a lot of pointing at myself before it arrived. But they are certainly trying. Their hearts are in the right place. Plus, they always greet you with a massive smile. Also, they are *incredibly* patient. I, on the other hand, am not. Don't be me. Be patient.

Location, Location, Location: Is it in a convenient spot? Or is it like, on a mountain?

It's… a bit removed. You won't stumble upon it. You'll need a taxi or a Grab (highly recommended). It's not *super* close to the major attractions, but it's not terribly inconvenient. I found the slight remoteness actually kind of appealing. It offers a refuge from the sometimes hectic city life. Also, the peacefulness you can get is priceless. But factor in transport time when planning your day.

The Pool: Is it a shimmering oasis or a murky disappointment?

I didn't actually *use* the pool. Okay, fine, I took a quick peek. Looked clean enough. But the weather was so nice, I was busy exploring. I mean, the view from your room is a better option. Maybe one day, if I go back!

Value for Money: Is it worth the price tag?

This is the million-dollar question, isn't it? It's mid-range. Is it CHEAP? No. Is it the MOST expensive hotel? Also no. You're paying for that view, folks. Considering the location, the service, and even the "vintage" charm, I'd say it's decent value. Do your research, compare prices, and decide if the spectacular view is worth the other quirks. Honestly, for me, it was mostly worth it. Just keep your expectations in check. (And bring your own coffee.)

Okay, you've hinted at one experience... Give me the *real* story about your view-induced emotional breakdown.

Alright, alright, fine. Deep breath. After a particularly grueling travel day from hell, I finally made it to my room. I shoved open the door, tossed my bag on the bed, and stumbled toward the balcony, completely and utterly dead inside. I expected nothing. Just another hotel view, right? Nope. I nearly fell over. The Shwedagon Pagoda, gleaming gold, catching the last rays of the sun. The city, a sprawling chaotic masterpiece, laid out before me like a velvet carpet. I… I just stood there, mouth agape, tears welling up. It was so beautiful, so overwhelming, so *unexpected*. I just started sobbing. Like, ugly crying. My mascara ran down my face, I hiccuped, I probably looked like a total mess. But you know what? I didn't care. It was cathartic. This hotel? It's seen a lot of things, the view is just the thing you need to forget all the problems of the day. It was like a warm hug from the universe. It reminded me why I travel. It was a moment. And it was worth every single slightly wonky light switch, every slightly-off breakfast egg, and every lost-in-translation towel requestRest Nest Hotels

Summit Parkview Hotel Myanmar

Summit Parkview Hotel Myanmar