Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Holiday Awaits at Holiday Inn Resort Le Touquet!

Holiday Inn Resort le Touquet By IHG France

Holiday Inn Resort le Touquet By IHG France

Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Holiday Awaits at Holiday Inn Resort Le Touquet!

Okay, buckle up, buttercups! Because we're about to dive HEADFIRST into the (potentially sandy… or maybe not!) world of the Holiday Inn Resort Le Touquet. And trust me, this isn't your grandma's Holiday Inn. Well, maybe it is. Let's find out!

Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Holiday Awaits at Holiday Inn Resort Le Touquet! - A RAW Review

Alright, alright, the headline says "Paradise," right? Let's see if it lives up to the hype. First off, accessibility: YES! Thank goodness. This is HUGE for me, I really appreciate having a place that thinks about all kinds of people. Okay, deep breath.

The Good Stuff (and the Not-So-Good)

Arrival & First Impressions (and My Inner Child)

The check-in/out system promises contactless which, in post-pandemic times, is a big, BIG win. The elevator got me. The thought of lugging my suitcase up the stairs is… uh… not appealing. And the fact they have a 24-hour front desk? Relieving. I'm the type to wander around panicking with my stuff in the middle of night. So, yeah, good start.

Rooms: My Personal Sanctuary (or Not?)

Right, the essentials. The air conditioning better be good. And the blackout curtains? Bless them. I need my sleep. Wi-Fi [free], of course. Let's be honest—I'm addicted to the internet. Also, complimentary tea? Now you're talking. A coffee/tea maker is a nice perk. The in-room safe? Eh, I'll probably forget to use it anyway. And oh yes! The bathrobes! I love a good bathrobe moment. I'm here for luxury, folks.

  • Rant Alert! Okay, one tiny nitpick. I really wish every hotel had a decent reading light! Like, not just some sad little bedside lamp. I want to curl up with a book in glorious, focused, light. Is that too much to ask? Apparently, it is.
  • Praise! I was thrilled to see non-smoking rooms. Pets allowed (unavailable)? Okay, fair enough. No barking at 3 a.m. is a win for everyone. As a bonus they provide towels and toiletries, I really love not having to bring my own shampoo!

The Spa - My Happy Place (Maybe?)

Okay, I'm going to be brutally honest. I'm a spa fiend. The description suggests a spa/sauna, steamroom, massage and body scrub/wrap. Okay, now we're talking! The thought of a pool with a view is pure bliss. I can already imagine myself, relaxed and pampered… but it may just be the brochure talking. I'll report back.

  • Dream Scene! If the spa lives up to the promise, I might never leave. Imagine: a foot bath before a massage, then chilling in the sauna… followed by a refreshing dip in the swimming pool. I’ll go broke, but happy.

The Eats & Drinks - Fueling My Adventures (and My Belly)

  • Food, Glorious Food! Let's talk food. A breakfast buffet is a must. Restaurants, Poolside bar… A coffee shop to hit it right from the start. They have Asian cuisine in restaurant? I'm already there.
  • The Truth about Buffets: Let's be real, buffets are a gamble. Will the food be warm? Fresh? Delicious? Only time (and my stomach) will tell.
  • The Quirky Observation: I love a happy hour. It’s the perfect time to people-watch while sipping a cocktail. Also, they have desserts in restaurant!
  • The Missing Ingredient: I hope they have vegetarian restaurant. I'm more of a casual carnivore now but I still like plant-based options.

Activities & Relaxing – So Much to Do (or Not Do)

The resort has a fitness center (good for burning off all those buffet calories!). But come on… things to do?! I want to relax! Ways to relax? I want a hammock, please! The brochure says: Swimming pool [outdoor]! YES!

Cleanliness & Safety – Fingers Crossed!

Good news! They're taking Anti-viral cleaning products seriously, and Daily disinfection in common areas. That's a relief, because let's face it, a clean hotel is a happy hotel. Also, all Staff trained in safety protocol? Also, Hand sanitizer!

The Added Extras (Because We Love Perks!)

  • For the Kids: Babysitting service, yay! Family/child friendly, double yay! Kids facilities? Bring on the fun.
  • The Practical Stuff: Concierge - always handy. Dry cleaning, laundry service, and daily housekeeping. Yes, yes, and yes!
  • Gifts & Gadgets: Convenience store, gift/souvenir shop - perfect for last-minute presents.
  • The Business Angle: Business facilities - perfect for those of us glued to our laptops.

Getting Around:

  • The Convenience Factor: Airport transfer, Valet parking, Car park [free of charge] - easy peasy.

My Final Thoughts (and a Persuasive Offer)

Look, the Holiday Inn Resort Le Touquet seems to have a lot going for it. It's promising relaxation, good food, and hopefully, a bit of pampering.

The Imperfection Angle: A Real Talk Moment

Okay, I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit wary. Hotels often say all the right things but don't always deliver. My biggest fear? The food being mediocre (a buffet can go wrong, and sometimes the spa isn't as relaxing as you think).

So, here's the deal (and the offer!)

Forget the generic travel ads! Here's the real reason to choose the Holiday Inn Resort Le Touquet, in my completely biased but totally honest opinion:

This is Your Life-Reset Button. Whether you're looking to recharge your batteries, explore Le Touquet, or just escape the daily grind, this place is the place to be! So, what are you waiting for?

Book using the code: "PARADISEFOUND" and get a free upgrade to a room with a pool view, a complimentary bottle of champagne upon arrival. plus one free spa treatment per person!

Book now, before I do! And tell them I sent you!

Guangzhou's Hidden Gem: Borrman Hotel Review (Dongpu, Tianhe, Pazhou)

Book Now

Holiday Inn Resort le Touquet By IHG France

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's perfectly formatted travel itinerary. This is real life, in Le Touquet, Holiday Inn Resort style. Prepare for some wonky pacing, questionable decisions, and a whole lotta love (hopefully) for this muddy little corner of France.

The "We're Here! (Or Are We?)" Le Touquet Itinerary - A Chronicle of Chaos and Charm

Prologue (AKA, The Getting There Disaster)

  • Day 1: The Great Calais Crossing & Existential Ferry Dread
    • 8:00 AM: Wake up, fueled by instant coffee and the vague promise of croissants. Packing: an art form I've never mastered. Did I bring enough socks? Probably not.
    • 9:00 AM: The car. Ah, yes. The metal beast that shall carry us to glory… or, you know, Calais. Cue the first argument about the radio station. (My boyfriend, bless his French-loving heart, insists on listening to some obscure Breton folk music. I'm more of a classic rock kinda gal. Compromise? We'll see.)
    • 12:00 PM: The Ferry! Oh, the romance! The seagulls! The… delayed departure. Turns out, the Channel's a bit choppy today and a couple of passengers missed a flight connection. Joy. I spend the delay wandering the ferry, fueled by sheer boredom and the promise of duty-free perfume. I spot an elderly woman knitting furiously, presumably a sweater to ward off the sea-spray induced chill. I briefly consider taking up knitting… maybe later.
    • 3:00 PM: Arrive in Calais! The winds are howling. Everything is a little grey. I swear I see a tumbleweed… in France? Maybe I am tired. The drive to Le Touquet is surprisingly picturesque, if you like endless fields and the occasional charming, slightly dilapidated farmhouse.
    • 5:00 PM: Arrive at the Holiday Inn Resort Le Touquet! The lobby is…fine. Clean. Beige. My first thought? "Where's the character?!" My second thought? "Thank goodness we have a room."

The Holiday Inn Hideaway: Days 2 & 3 - Embrace the Awkward

  • Day 2: Beach Babes (and a Bit of Breakfast Mishap)

    • 8:00 AM: Wake up. I'm determined to conquer the (included!) breakfast buffet. Wish me luck.
    • 8:05 AM: Breakfast: Attempt number 1. I'm immediately overwhelmed by the sheer volume of cheese and pastries. I accidentally take a croissant that's a bit… stale. Note to self: aim for the middle of the pile.
    • 9:00 AM: Finally at the beach! The North Sea is NOT the Mediterranean. Brrr. The wind is a constant companion, whipping my hair into a frenzy.
    • 10:00 AM: Building a sandcastle. I am, admittedly, a terrible sandcastle architect. My boyfriend, the pragmatist, suggests a straightforward, less-ambitious design. I, the artist, go for a multi-turreted affair that collapses under its own weight. He sighs. "C'est magnifique," he says, with a distinct lack of enthusiasm.
    • 12:00 PM: Lunch at a beachfront cafe. Moules-frites are officially, yes, officially a must. I spill half my aioli on the table, despite my best efforts. The waiter, bless him, just smiles and brings me another napkin.
    • Afternoon: wandering the town, the little shops, the architecture.
    • 6:00 PM: Dinner! Trying some local bistro. Feeling a little homesick for, like, a good burger.
    • Evening: Back at the Holiday Inn. We spend way too much time watching bad French television and drinking wine from the local supermarket. Embrace the mediocrity!
  • Day 3: The Golfing Gambit (and My Near-Death Experience with a Cart)

    • 9:00 AM: My boyfriend, the golf enthusiast, has dragged me to the nearby golf course. I have never golfed. I suspect I will be terrible.
    • 9:30 AM: The golf cart. It's a death trap! I am driving. I am slightly terrified. I almost run over a small child. (Just kidding, but the thought did cross my mind.)
    • 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM: The Golfing. I spend most of my time whacking at the ground, accidentally taking out chunks of turf. I hit the ball once. It rolls about six inches. I blame the wind. I blame the clubs. I blame… everything. But, he still loved it, or at least, he was happy.
    • 1:00 PM: Lunch at the golf course clubhouse. The food is surprisingly good. (Because apparently my only skill at this trip is eating.)
    • Afternoon: We visit the market. Its a bit of a disappointment since they had quite a lot of cheap knockoff goods.
    • Evening: Dinner? Probably pizza. Somewhere low-key. We're exhausted, both physically and emotionally. Golf. Is it a game? Is it a torture device? The jury's still out.

The French Coast Farewell: Day 4 - The Bittersweet Departure

  • 8:00 AM: Last breakfast. I actually managed to get a decent croissant this time! Progress!
  • 9:00 AM: A final stroll on the beach. The wind is still howling. I'm starting to feel a bit attached to this slightly-sad, slightly-charming little town.
  • 10:00 AM: Check out. Packing is still a disaster. I've accumulated an assortment of seashells, weird little brochures, and a significant amount of sand.
  • 11:00 AM: The drive back to Calais. The wind. The fields. The inevitable radio station fight.
  • 1:00 PM: The ferry. Back to reality. Back to… work. But… the memories…

Final Thoughts:

Le Touquet isn't the glitziest place, and Holiday Inn isn't the most luxe of resorts. But this trip, with all its messy imperfections, its near-misses, and questionable fashion choices (me, not the place) was real. It was us. It was about embracing the awkward, finding joy in the little things, and surviving a golfing expedition.

And you know what? I wouldn't trade it for the world. Now, time to order those croissants online… until next time, France!

Escape to Paradise: Three Rivers' Hidden Gem (Holiday Inn Express)

Book Now

Holiday Inn Resort le Touquet By IHG France

Escape to Paradise: Holiday Inn Resort Le Touquet - Your Questions Answered (and My Real-Life Drama!)

Is Le Touquet actually paradise, or is that just marketing fluff? I'm skeptical!

Alright, let's be honest. Paradise? That's a BIG claim. Le Touquet… it’s pretty darn nice, I won't lie. But paradise? Depends on your definition. If paradise means stunning, sweeping beaches where you can actually *breathe* the ocean air without smelling, you know, *seagulls gone rogue*, then yeah, it’s got a fighting chance.

My first impression? My expectations were sky-high, and as soon as I saw the sea from the hotel lobby, I started to settle into the calm and the atmosphere. The beach itself? HUGE. Miles and miles of sand. Perfect for a romantic stroll (with your partner, or preferably, your dog, because frankly, people can be exhausting). I confess, I did a little happy dance when I saw it. I mean, truly happy. I may have even squealed. Don't judge me.

But here's the REAL test. My grumpy uncle Bob went with me (don't ask). Bob hates everything. And even he admitted the beach was "passable." Passing muster with Bob? That’s practically a miracle. So, I’d say it's pretty close to paradise, but maybe with a slight drizzle of reality and a sprinkle of "grumpy uncle" on top.

What's the deal with the rooms? Are they actually nice? I've seen some hotels that look great in photos and... well, aren't.

Oh, the room. The *sacred* room. Okay, here's the lowdown. I stayed in a 'Sea View King' room (because, when in doubt, go big, right?). Honestly? They looked *exactly* like the photos. Which is always a win! Clean, modern, not crammed with unnecessary fluff. And the view?! Holy moly. Waking up to the ocean every morning… it's the kind of thing that makes you forget how much you despise mornings. Okay, maybe not forget, but at least *tolerate* them.

The bed was supremely comfortable, which is crucial for a relaxing holiday. I'm a big believer that a good bed can solve *most* of life's problems (except for the nagging feeling that you should be more productive). The bathroom was also spotless, and the water pressure was actually *good*. (A HUGE win, because I've stayed in hotels where a drizzle qualifies as a shower.)

My only minor complaint? The mini-fridge was a bit noisy late at night. I ended up having to turn it off, which meant no midnight snacks (a tragedy!). But, hey, I survived. And the sea view more than made up for it.

Is the food good at the Holiday Inn? 'Cause let's be honest, hotel food can be a gamble...

Alright, food. The *make-or-break* of any vacation. And yes, it was generally good! The breakfast buffet? Now that's where things get interesting. Croissants? Check. Fresh fruit? Check. Enough bacon to feed a small army? Double-check! (Okay, maybe not an army, but enough for me, which is practically the same thing.)

The main restaurant, Le Picardie, offered a nice selection of French classics. I tried the steak frites... oh, the steak frites! Perfectly cooked, with a crispy, golden outside and a melt-in-your-mouth inside. I had it twice. Don't judge me. They also had a decent kids menu for the little ones (I didn't have any with me but saw that they could enjoy some delights there), and again- the servers were so kind and friendly!

A slight hiccup. One night, I ordered a fish dish, and it came a little overcooked. Not a disaster, but not perfect. I politely mentioned it to the server, and they immediately apologized and offered to replace it. Which they did. The second fish dish? Perfection. That's what I call good service!

All said and done, the food was fantastic and there was enough to choose from for all tastes!

What are the activities like? Is there anything to do besides sit on the beach? (I get bored easily!)

Bored easily, you say? Don't worry, my friend, Le Touquet has you covered. Beyond the glorious beach (which could keep me entertained for days, admittedly), there's plenty to keep you busy. The hotel itself has a swimming pool (indoor and outdoor, which is great!), a spa (need I say more?), and a gym (which I, ahem, avoided, but it's there!).

Then there is the town itself. Le Touquet is a charming little place with some interesting shops and a lovely market. I found myself browsing there for hours! I even bought a beret. Don't laugh! I’m now basically French. I did feel a little self-conscious wearing it at first, I admit, but eventually... I embraced the stereotype. (It looked surprisingly good, I might add.)

You can also take a horse ride on the beach. It's cheesy, I know, but it's fun! I didn't do it... the horses looked a little too enthusiastic), but I saw plenty of people enjoying it. And they have bike rentals. Perfect for exploring the area at your own pace. I rented a bike and cycled along the coast. Magnificent! There are also various water sports (I saw people paddle-boarding. Looked hard work).

So, yeah, plenty to do! Boredom is not really an option here!

I'm traveling with kids. Is this a good place for families?

Absolutely! Le Touquet, and the Holiday Inn Resort, it’s very family-friendly. I saw tons of families there, all having a grand old time. The hotel has a kids' club, which is a lifesaver for parents (and a chance for the kids to escape their parents… win-win!). They have a dedicated kids pool, which I'm sure many enjoy. My own children were not with me, but the hotel staff made it seem like a wonderful place for any kids!

The beach is fantastic for kids. Endless sand for building castles, paddling in the shallows (when the tide is out, of course), and generally running wild. The town is safe and easy to navigate, with plenty of ice cream shops. What more could a kid want?

So, yeah, bring the little ones! They'll love it, and you'll get to relax (relatively speaking). Just remember to pack extra snacks. You know, for the inevitable tantrums. (I’m speaking from experience, here.)

Okay, so what was the BEST part of your trip? Give me the juicy details!

Alright, alright, you want the *juicy* details? Fine. The BEST part? Oh, that's easy. It was a tie between two things.Explore Hotels

Holiday Inn Resort le Touquet By IHG France

Holiday Inn Resort le Touquet By IHG France