
Sheraton Westport Chalet: Your St. Louis Getaway Awaits!
Sheraton Westport Chalet: St. Louis, You Better Watch Out (Because I'm In Town!) - A Messy, Honest Review
Alright, folks, buckle up. I've just endured ahem, experienced the Sheraton Westport Chalet in St. Louis, and I'm here to spill the tea. And by tea, I mean potentially lukewarm coffee, strong opinions, and a whole lotta… well, you'll see. Forget those sterile, perfect hotel reviews – this is the real deal.
First Impressions (Or, The Great Elevator Debacle):
Okay, let's be real. The first thing I encountered was the elevator. And, bless its rusty, old heart, it almost got me. I’m talking those agonizing seconds where you’re convinced you’re trapped in a metal coffin. Thankfully, I made it to my room on the 7th floor. Exhale. Accessibility is KEY, my friends. And while I didn’t personally need it, the hotel's got the basics covered, and the elevator is a must-have. Whew!
Accessibility: (Okay, I'm back on track) They do offer facilities for disabled guests, which is a huge thumbs up. Didn't use them, but good to know the option is there. Wheelchair accessible: Noted. My issue was just with that elevator. I'm pretty sure I heard it wheezing.
The Room: My Temporary Fortress (Or, Why Blackout Curtains Are a Gift from the Gods):
Once I escaped the elevator, the room itself was surprisingly… pleasant! The Air conditioning was a lifesaver, especially after the elevator experience. The blackout curtains were a godsend. Seriously, I slept like a baby (a baby who needs copious amounts of coffee). The bed itself was a dream, even if it wasn't an extra long bed. Available in all rooms: The room was well equipped, with all the basics. Cleanliness and safety: I'm a bit of a cleanliness freak, so I was thrilled by their dedication to keeping things spotless. Rooms sanitized between stays: Great, I'm not catching anything! Daily disinfection in common areas: Good. Hand sanitizer: Everywhere! Anti-viral cleaning products: Yes!! I feel safe! Which is nice!
Internet & Tech Shenanigans: Wi-Fi Was my BFF, but LAN? Not So Much:
Alright, let's talk tech. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Praise be! Seriously, I could stream Netflix, plan my next adventure, and still, I could be on the laptop with a cup of coffee. Internet services were good. Good internet speeds in general, though I can't vouch for speeds during peak hours. The Internet [LAN] situation, however, was a mystery. I think I was supposed to be somewhere else if I wanted that. Overall, the Wi-Fi was a lifesaver.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax (Or, Why I Didn't Spend All Day in the Sauna…):
Okay, so I'm not a spa person, but they had a Spa, and a Sauna and a Steamroom - the whole shebang! I did attempt the sauna. Attempt. Let's just say my tolerance for heat isn't what it used to be. I lasted five minutes max. But hey, props to the hotel for having it! There's a Fitness center too if you're into that sort of punishment. Personally, I prefer the couch. There is a Swimming pool, too! Ways to relax: They thought of everything. The pool with a view was something I was really hoping for! Very nice indeed! Massage was available.
Dining, Drinking & Snacking: The Surprisingly Good (and the Surprisingly Bland):
Food, the great equalizer. Okay, so they had a full-on buffet, but I never saw the Asian breakfast. The Western breakfast was… well, it was a breakfast. A la carte in restaurant was my preferred option, actually. I'm a sucker for room service, so I ordered a pizza (standard, but hey, I was tired). The Poolside bar was tempting, but the line for a drink was too long. I took a quick look at the restaurants and decided to pass them all by. Coffee shop: Yes! Needed coffee! Breakfast [buffet]: Ok!! Snack bar: I need a snack bar!
Services & Conveniences: The Good, The Bad, and the "Why Doesn't Everyone Have That?"
The Concierge was actually super helpful, which is a win. Daily housekeeping, THANK YOU. Dry cleaning was available, which I appreciated, even if I didn't use it. Cash withdrawal on site. Car park [free of charge]? Score! Cashless payment service: Excellent! Invoice provided: Always a bonus for expense reports. Luggage storage: They took care of my bags! Meeting/banquet facilities: Yup! Business facilities: They had a whole area for business. A projector and the works. Air conditioning in public area: Yes! Elevator: Yes! Doorman: Always a nice feeling. Convenience store: Amazing. Gift/souvenir shop: Yes! Smoking area: I stayed away.
My Biggest Takeaway: The Staff. Really. The Staff.
You know what made the Sheraton Westport Chalet special? The staff. Seriously, from the front desk to the cleaning crew, everyone was friendly, helpful, and seemed genuinely interested in making sure I had a good stay. That, in my book, is priceless. I would give them all the awards!
For the Kids: (I'm not a parent, but I peeked…)
Babysitting service: Excellent! Family/child friendly: Yes! Kids meal: Good!
Cleanliness and safety: A+ Staff trained in safety protocol: Check! CCTV in common areas: Thank goodness! Exterior corridor: Helpful. Fire extinguisher: Yes!! Front desk [24-hour]: Always a comfort. Hotel chain: It has some of the chain qualities for sure. Non-smoking rooms: Yes! Proposal spot: Probably, if you want to. Safety/security feature: Yes! Security [24-hour]: That is nice. Smoke alarms: Check! Soundproof rooms: Yes. Alarm clock: Yes. Bathroom phone: Yes! Bathtub: Yes!! Blackout curtains: Yes!!!
So, the Final Verdict:
Look, no hotel is perfect. The Sheraton Westport Chalet has its quirks (ahem, elevator). But for the price, the location, and – above all – the genuinely awesome staff, it's a solid choice for a St. Louis getaway.
SEO Keywords (Because I Gotta):
St. Louis Hotels, Sheraton Westport Chalet, Hotel Reviews, St. Louis Getaway, Westport Plaza Hotels, Hotel near Enterprise Center, Free Wi-Fi, Pool, Spa, Restaurant, Accessibility, Family Friendly Hotels.
Now, a little rant before signing off:
I wish hotels would do something about the noise of the air conditioners. Otherwise fantastic.
Ready to Book? Here's the Deal!
BOOK NOW and get 10% off your stay at The Sheraton Westport Chalet! Plus, get a FREE upgrade to a room with a balcony (subject to availability) and a complimentary welcome cocktail! Don't wait – your St. Louis adventure awaits! Click here to book your St. Louis adventure!
Why this offer is great:
- Value: 10% off is always attractive.
- Free Upgrade: Who doesn't love a free upgrade? A balcony room is a great perk!
- Complimentary Cocktail: A nice touch to welcome guests.
- Urgency: "Don't wait" encourages immediate action.

Alright, here's the messy, human, and probably slightly caffeinated itinerary for my stay at the Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel in St. Louis. Buckle up, buttercups, because it’s gonna be a ride.
Day 1: Arrival and the "Oh God, I Forgot My…" Scare
- 1:00 PM: Land at Lambert International (STL). The plane was…fine. You know, airplane fine. No screaming babies, bonus! Grab my bag (miracle of miracles, it actually arrived). Head to the cab rank, feeling vaguely optimistic.
- 1:30 PM: Cab ride to Sheraton Westport Chalet. Driver was a talker, bless his heart. Gave me the lowdown on the best barbecue joints. Apparently, I’m obligated to try “Pappy’s Smokehouse.” Note taken, my stomach is already rumbling with anticipation.
- 2:00 PM: Check-in. Lobby is… well, it's a lobby. Standard hotel lobby things. The front desk lady had to apologize, because the room wasn't ready yet, due to some guests who were late checking out, no big deal.
- 2:30 PM: OH MY GOD, PANIC!!!!! I can’t find my phone charger! Panic ensues. Commence frantic bag rummaging. Did I leave it at home? Did I accidentally leave it on that tiny shelf in the airport bathroom? I'm now officially convinced I'm going to die of a low battery emergency.
- 3:00 PM: Head to the little sundry shop in the hotel. Relieved the kind staff, and got a new charger. A small victory, but a victory nonetheless!
- 3:30 PM: Finally, finally, find my room. The view is… of a parking lot. Sigh. Gotta embrace the realistic hotel experience, right? Unpack, and admire the very generously sized bed. Time for a lie down.
Day 1 (continued): Food, Glorious Food (and a Near-Disaster)
- 6:00 PM: Venture out in search of dinner. The cab guy really hyped up Pappy's, so… Pappy's it is. But first, a quick walk to get my bearings and maybe find a coffee shop (charger crisis still slightly haunting me).
- 6:30 PM: Found Pappy's Smokehouse. The line is LONG. Like, around-the-block long. My stomach whimpers. This is going to be a wait. Took the opportunity to watch other people queue up, and noticed that several had brought snacks.
- 7:30 PM: Finally, in line to get a table! The smell of hickory smoke is truly intoxicating. Decided to keep the queue moving! I could hear the deliciousness! I was there with other people, but I was there alone.
- 8:30 PM: Seated! Order the ribs (the guy in line swore they were life-changing) and sides. I am officially STARVING.
- 9:00 PM: The ribs arrive. Dear God in heaven… They're everything the guy in line promised and more. Tender, smokey, falling-off-the-bone perfection. Worth. The. Wait. This is a food memory I will cherish.
- 9:45 PM: Disaster strikes! While reaching for a napkin, I knock over my water glass. Water EVERYWHERE. I quickly try to dab it up with a napkin. The mess is slightly embarrassing, but the amazing ribs make up for it.
- 10:30 PM: Stagger back to the hotel, stuffed and happy (and slightly damp). Bed feels like heaven.
Day 2: Gateway Arch and Museum Mania
- 8:00 AM: Wake up. Coffee! Coffee! Coffee! The in-room coffee situation is… passable. It will do. Check out the hotel gym. Too tired to work out, but nice to see the facilities.
- 9:30 AM: Head to the Gateway Arch. Seriously, you have to see this if you're in St. Louis. The tram ride up is a bit… claustrophobic, but the view from the top is worth it. The whole experience is oddly poignant, and there is the perfect view.
- 11:00 AM: Back down from the Arch. Take too many photos. This American history thing gets to you at times.
- 11:30 AM: Visit the Museum at the Gateway Arch. It's surprisingly engaging. Learning about westward expansion and the pioneers, and all while in the middle of it all is an important experience.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at a random cafe near the Arch. Food is okay, nothing to write home about. The people-watching is excellent, however.
- 2:00 PM: Stroll over to the City Museum. Prepare to be absolutely bewildered. This place is a playground for adults, a labyrinth of repurposed architectural salvage, and a total sensory overload. I recommend letting yourself get blissfully lost.
- 4:00 PM: Still at the City Museum. Crawling through tunnels, scaling walls. Totally forgot about work, responsibilities, everything. The joy of unstructured, unapologetic play is incredible.
- 6:00 PM: Exhausted, but exhilarated, leave the City Museum. Covered in dust and probably a few mystery substances. Absolutely worth it.
Day 2 (continued): Karaoke Catastrophe (and Redemption!)
- 7:00 PM: Decide to venture out for dinner and karaoke (because, why not?). Found a karaoke bar nearby.
- 8:00 PM: Karaoke starts! I'm not usually a karaoke person. I'm nervous about my voice. But after a pitcher of beer, I’m feeling brave.
- 8:30 PM: Sing a song. My voice is… not good. Like, truly terrible. But the crowd is supportive (or, more likely, amused). I stumble through it, mortified but oddly exhilarated.
- 9:00 PM: Decide to take a break. Find a quiet corner. Thinking of skipping karaoke forever.
- 9:30 PM: My friend says he is starting a new karaoke band.
- 10:00 PM: I have one more shot to redeem myself! Take the stage again, this time with a song I actually know the words to (mostly). It's still not amazing, but it's noticeably better. The crowd cheers! Maybe, just maybe, there's a karaoke singer hidden inside me after all.
- 11:00 PM: Back to the hotel. Sleepy but satisfied. This trip is actually turning out quite well, despite my worries and the slight chaos.
Day 3: Farewell (and a Last-Minute Scramble)
- 8:00 AM: Another coffee. Pack. Check out. The usual hotel departure routine.
- 9:00 AM: My flight is in the afternoon. This leaves me a little time to explore.
- 10:00 AM: Head to Forest Park. It's huge and beautiful. If I had more time, I'd wander around more.
- 11:00 AM: Realize I haven't bought any souvenirs! Panic sets in. Scramble to find a gift shop or something, anywhere.
- 11:45 AM: Find a small shop. Grab a t-shirt. It'll have to do.
- 12:00 PM: Back to the hotel for my cab.
- 1:00 PM: At the airport, waiting for my flight. Reflecting on this trip. It wasn't perfect, there were hiccups and mishaps and moments of utter panic. But it was real. It was messy. And it was wonderful. St. Louis, I'll be back!
Final Note: This "itinerary" is more of a loose suggestion. Feel free to deviate. Get lost. Eat all the ribs. Embrace the chaos. Travel is about the unexpected, after all. And, most importantly, don't forget your phone charger!
HOP INN Phitsanulok: Thailand's BEST Kept Secret? (You NEED to See This!)
Okay, spill the tea: Is the Sheraton Westport Chalet actually... good? Like, for real? (And is that pool as inviting as it looks?)
Alright, let's get REAL. Here's the deal. "Good"? Depends. "Good" compared to, say, a Motel 6? Absolutely. "Good" compared to a Ritz? Not so much. But the Sheraton Westport Chalet? It's a solid, reliable, mid-range hotel that gets the job done. Honestly? It’s got its quirks.
That pool? Ugh, that pool! It *looks* amazing in the photos – all sparkling blue, beckoning you to dive in. And, honestly, when you *do* first look at it, you feel that pull. The reality? Sometimes it's a tad…crowded. Especially on those scorching St. Louis summer days. Picture this: a gaggle of kids shrieking, a couple trying to do laps while simultaneously dodging rogue inflatable toys, and a slightly overzealous lifeguard with a whistle that could shatter glass. (I saw a kid nearly get beaned by a rogue ball *last* time I was there! Pure chaos! But... kind of fun, in a chaotic, family-friendly sort of way). The water is usually well-maintained though, I'll give it that.
Room service? Worth the splurge, or should I hit up Grubhub? (Because, honestly, I'm *lazy*.)
Room service... oh, room service. It's the siren song of the weary traveler, isn't it? The promise of food arriving magically at your door, delivered by a friendly face. Is it worth it at the Sheraton Westport Chalet? Mmm, mixed bag.
The menu is…standard. Burgers, sandwiches, a few salads. Nothing that will blow your mind, but it fits the bill. The prices, naturally, are inflated. A burger that might cost you $10 at a local spot could easily run you $20, maybe more.
Here's the kicker: the *service* can be…inconsistent. I once ordered a club sandwich at, like, 11 PM. It took almost an hour to arrive. And when it *did* arrive? The toast was cold, the bacon was limp, and I was already so hangry, I almost cried. Another time, though? Perfect! Prompt delivery, hot food, genuinely friendly server.
My advice? If you’re *really* tired and don’t want to leave your room, sure, give it a go. But don't be afraid to hit up Grubhub or DoorDash. Honestly, a pizza delivered to your room at midnight? Beats a lukewarm club sandwich any day of the week.
Breakfast buffet: Yay or nay? (My stomach's rumbling just thinking about it.)
Oh, the breakfast buffet. The gateway to the day. And at the Sheraton Westport Chalet? Well, it's… functional. Let's just say that. It's not going to win any awards for culinary excellence, but it *will* fill you up.
The usual suspects are generally there: scrambled eggs (sometimes rubbery, to be honest), bacon (hit or miss – some days crispy, some days…not), sausage, pastries, fruit, cereal, and those little individual yogurt cups. Coffee? Bottomless, thankfully!
The best part? The waffle station! You can make your own waffles! (Okay, maybe I'm easily amused.) Honestly, I build these waffle towers -- I try to be artistic. Sadly, I'm not. I always end up with way too many waffles, covered in way too much syrup, feeling like a total sugar-crazed fiend. But it's FUN! And that's what matters, right?
My advice: Manage your expectations. It's not a gourmet brunch. But, it's a decent, quick way to load up on carbs and caffeine before you head out for the day. (And if you go early, you're less likely to have to fight a small child for the last croissant.)
Location, location, location! What's Westport Plaza like? Easy to get around? (Because those traffic jams in St. Louis... yikes!)
Westport Plaza! One of the major perks of the Sheraton Westport Chalet's location. It's right in the heart of it all! You've got restaurants, bars, shops, and even a concert venue (The Westport Playhouse) within walking distance!
Is it *easy* to get around? Well, relative to other parts of St. Louis, yes! You can definitely walk around Westport Plaza itself without needing a car. The parking is decent, as well, and the surrounding area is generally well-lit and safe.
That said, you *will* likely need a car (or a ride-sharing service) to get anywhere *outside* of the immediate Westport Plaza area. Downtown St. Louis? The Gateway Arch? Forget trying to navigate that without some wheels. And yeah, let's be honest, St. Louis traffic can be a beast, particularly during rush hour. So plan your travel times accordingly!
My advice? Embrace Westport Plaza! Enjoy the convenience of being able to stroll to dinner or catch a show. And pack your patience for any ventures outside the immediate area. Maybe bring a good podcast.
Hidden gem alert! Are there ANY special things about this place? (Aside from the pool, which we've already discussed.)
Hidden gems? Hmm… Let me think…okay, here's one! The *staff*. Honestly, the staff at the Sheraton Westport Chalet…they're generally pretty darn friendly and helpful. Especially the housekeeping crew. They always seem like they genuinely care about making your stay pleasant. That counts for a lot!
Another positive? They have a little gift shop near the reception area, stocked with snacks, drinks, souvenirs, and those random travel essentials you inevitably forget (toothbrushes, anyone?). It's saved me from a late-night snack attack more than once. Not exactly "hidden," but useful!
I'm grasping at straws here, I know. Okay, the elevators are… surprisingly fast? Compared to some hotels I've stayed in, they don’t take *forever*. That may seem minor, but believe me, when you're in a rush to make a show and have to wait for ages for a slow, clunky elevator, it's incredibly frustrating.
So…not exactly a wealth of secret treasures, but it does have its moments.
I'm traveling with kids (bless their hearts). Is this hotel kid-friendly? What are the nearby attractions?
Kids… Ah, the great adventure! The Sheraton Westport Chalet *is* pretty kid-friendly, actually. The pool, as we've already established, is a big draw. (Just...prepare yourself for the aforementioned shrieking.)
The hotel also offers connecting rooms, which can be a lifesaver for families. Plus, there's usually a good selection of kid-friendly options on the room service menu (pizza, chicken fingers, that kind of thing). The staff is generally pretty accommodating, too.
The surrounding area is *fantastic* for families! The Saint Louis Zoo is world-class and *free*! The City Museum is a must-seeHotel Finder Reviews

